Columbia HS Evacuated Briefly; Students Now Back in Class
The Maplewood Fire Department was on scene
Columbia High School was evacuated briefly on Thursday, due to "the improper use of an extension cord in one of our conference rooms," according to an email released by principal Dr. Lovie Lilly.
According to Lilly:
Today, Columbia High School was evacuated at approximately 7:45AM due to the improper use of an extension cord in one of our conference rooms. Students and staff were safely evacuated while the fire department investigated.
The danger was averted, and the Maplewood Fire Department deemed it safe for our return at approximately 8:00AM. We have resumed our instructional schedule for the day.
As always, student safety remains a top priority in our district. We are grateful to the Maplewood Fire Department for their quick response and assistance.