Summer Internship Available at Essex County Prosecutor's Office
Students are invited to apply for this 6-week program
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office is offering a six-week summer internship program beginning this June for students who will complete their junior year by June 2012.
The program begins June 29th and runs through August 3rd.
The Essex County website provided the following details:
During this exciting six-week internship program, you will be exposed to a comprehensive curriculum that includes: learning about the role and function of the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office; participating in New Jersey State Trooper Youth Week, a one week residential program; observing a jury trial and participating in a mock trial; working with a local law enforcement agency; and interfacing with the corporate and the community-based partners on the Office's Community Justice Advisory Board.
Twenty-five students will be chosen for the program and the Community Justice Advisory Board will make the final student selections based on the following criteria:
- Reside and/or attend school in Belleville, Bloomfield, East Orange, Irvington, Montclair, Newark, Orange, South Orange / Maplewood, West Orange, Millburn, Nutley,
- Nomination by a teacher, school resource officer, religious leader etc.
- Completion of Junior year by June 2012
- Good reputation and sound moral character
- Good academic standing
- The ability to participate in a structured professional environment
- Good attendance
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (1 Academic and 1 Personal)
Completed application packets are due no later than March 9, 2012 to Nicole Graves Watson, Community Justice Coordinator, Office of the Essex County Prosecutor, Veterans Courthouse, 50 West Market Street Newark, New Jersey 07102. Incomplete and faxed applications will not be considered. If you require additional information please feel free to contact Nicole Graves Watson at (973) 621-5377.