12 Local Spots to Watch the Super Bowl
Super Bowl Sunday is fast approaching - where will you watch the game?
Super Bowl XLVII may be taking place in New Orleans, but we've got a few local New Jersey bars, pubs and eateries that will make you feel like you're there!
Game time is 6:30 p.m. with the game airing on CBS.
- HighlandPlace, 5 Highland Place, Maplewood. Two television sets in the cozy front bar make this a nice corner to hunker down with some steak frites (or other beef entry) and enjoy your Ravens/49ers action.
- Coda, 177 Maplewood Ave., Maplewood, has two large flat screen televisions in its very sizable bar. Sports are always streaming throughout the week, so Sunday should be no different!
- St. James's Gate Publick House, 167 Maplewood Ave., Maplewood.
- O'Reilly's, 2208 Millburn Ave. in Maplewood fires up 20 television sets — yes, TWENTY! — on any given Sunday in the fall. So, Super Bowl Sunday should be no different and of course even better. Anchor Steam is on tap and lots of pub grub with a big bar space and booth tables for your viewing enjoyment. Burgers, wraps, club sandwiches, pizza and ribs — plus a kids menu — are all available. Call 973-378-9774.
- Martini Bistro & Bar on Main Street in Millburn isn't a sports bar, but they always have the big games on the television. Martini's is known for, what else, its martinis. The "sunny peach" martini was a competitor in a national competition and featured in GQ magazine. TVs in the bar and the front part of the restaurant.
- Want a slice of pizza with your football? La Strada and Pizzeta in Millburn both have televisions and are sure to show the big game on Sunday. The Garage in Millburn, which features other kids favorites like hot dogs and hamburgers, will also be showing the game.
- Charlie Brown's Steakhouse in Millburn features several TVs in a comfortable sports bar, which could be a good choice to watch the game. The bar also features regular specials.
- Harrison Avenue Tavern
- Egan & Sons Restaurant and Pub
- Bunny's Sports Bar at 12-14 W. South Orange Ave. in South Orange promises a view of the game, no matter where you sit, as they have 18 high definition televisions throughout the bar. They are also offering special Super Bowl cocktails during the game.
- Gaslight Restaurant and Brewery at 15 South Orange Ave. in South Orange is a family-run restaurant and brewery, offering a unique selection of brews for the game. They have televisions throughout the bar for your viewing pleasure.