Invite a friend
Maplewood Citizen's Eco-forum
Hosted by the Township of Maplewood and the Maplewood Green Team, this facilitated forum is for Maplewood residents to learn about current sustainability initiatives and to provide input and prioritize the green projects that will improve Maplewood's future.
Topics will include (but not be limited to):
- Natural resource preservation and stewardship
- Infrastructure (trees, storm water management, climate change adaptation, urban design)
- Waste management, recycling and curbside organic waste recycling
- Bicycle and pedestrian plans and the Maplewood Greenway Plan
- Local green economy and commercial development; green business recognition
- Energy efficiency and Maplewood’s carbon footprint
- Sustainability for education programs, school based energy education and gardens
- Green living, community gardens and composting
More About Maplewood Memorial Library
The main branch of the Maplewood Library is across the street from Maplewood Middle School and typically thronged by students after school. There's a large children's section with story time sessions and other programming. There are two meeting rooms, which are available to non-profits free of charge. And there are 329 magazine titles and 10,000 audiovisual titles.
The library director is Sarah Lester.
The number to reach the Children's Room is 973-762-1560.