Essex County Executive Joseph DiVincenzo, Jr. invites the public to attend a free concert and a series of free fitness courses that are part of Essex County’s celebration of National Parks and Recreation Month in July.
The theme of this year’s celebration is “Out is In,” which encourages people to go outside, change their outlook, and get involved in their community through parks and recreation.
"Taking a break and going outside can have a positive impact on our wellness and quality of life," said DiVincenzo.
“This year’s theme of ‘Out is In’ fits especially well with our historic Essex County Parks System. With over 6,000 acres, a variety of recreational facilities, three golf courses, and a network of trails and walking paths through some of the most picturesque vistas, it's easy to get active. We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming event," he added.
Activities scheduled for Parks and Recreation Month are as follows:
- Sunday, July 13th at 9 a.m.: Yoga (all levels are welcome)
- Wednesday, July 16th at 6 p.m.: Concert by Big Jersey Crooners
- Wednesday, July 23rd at 5:30 p.m.: Outdoor Fitness Class
- Sunday, July 27th at 9 a.m.: Yoga (all levels are welcome)
- Wednesday, July 30th at 5:30 p.m.: Outdoor Fitness Class
All programs will be held in the Clipper Pavilion near the Orange Reservoir paddle boat dock in Essex County South Mountain Reservation, Cherry Lane, West Orange.