Twenty-six shops and restaurants -- three that are brand-new to town -- will feature deals, discounts, sales and specials on Maplewood Village's Customer Appreciation Day on Saturday, Sept. 29.
"We are always saying thank you to our customers for shopping and dining locally, but we wanted to do something that shows them how much we appreciate their loyalty," said Julie Doran, manager of the Maplewood Village Alliance, which coordinates the event. "It's simply a day of special savings as a way of showing our thanks for keeping it local."
Why shop local? Check out the cool list attached to this article for the top ten reasons.
For a complete list of deals, visit the MVA website. Here are just a few highlights:
- The MVA will give away reusable Maplewood Village shopping bags (see photo attached to this article) beginning at 11 a.m. in the vicinity of Kings (while supplies last).
- Check out three new businesses: Click! Learning Studio (look for a Patch story coming soon); Olive & Lizzy and Alchemy Hour for Men.
- Little One & Co.: 20% off all merchandise all day
- Village Wine: wine tasting and treats; plus 15% off three or more bottles of wine (not including sale items).
- Tandoori Chef II (formerly Sona): New owners, new chef, new menu. Buy one entree and get the second at half-price; or 15% off entire order. The new owners will have a grand opening later this fall.
- Freeman's Fish Market: 10% off purchases.
"Many people don't realize the benefits of spending money locally, it's really an investment in our community," said Doran.
The event coincides with the GenWealth Walk for Hope, Maplewood Village’s first charity event dedicated to breast cancer awareness.