Super Bowl XLVI may be taking place in Indiana, but we've got a few local New Jersey bars, pubs and eateries that will make you feel like you're there!
Game time is 6:30 p.m. with the game airing on NBC.
- , 167 Maplewood Avenue, Maplewood. The Gate will NOT be offering the Rothlisberger Burger special this year, but Super Bowl specials for XLVI include: $3 Bud Light & McSorley's Pints, $5 Bowl of Chili, $5 Chili Dog, $4 Hot Dog and $5 appetizers. Check the website for updates.
- , 5 Highland Place, Maplewood. Two television sets in the cozy front bar make this a nice corner to hunker down with some steak frites (or other beef entry) and enjoy your Giants/Patriots action.
- , 177 Maplewood Avenue, Maplewood, has two large flat screen televisions in its very sizable bar. Sports are always streaming throughout the week, so Sunday should be no different!
- , 440 Main Street, West Orange, is the real deal in terms of neighborhood pub atmosphere. Wings, hamburgers, ribs or fish and chips along with beer are the perfect compliment to your Super Bowl viewing. Call 973-731-1373 for more information.
- , 2208 Millburn Avenue in Maplewood fires up 20 television sets — yes, TWENTY! — on any given Sunday in the fall. So, Super Bowl Sunday should be no different and of course even better. Anchor Steam is on tap and lots of pub grub with a big bar space and booth tables for your viewing enjoyment. Burgers, wraps, club sandwiches, pizza and ribs — plus a kids menu — are all available. Call 973-378-9774.
- on Main Street in Millburn isn't a sports bar, but they always have the big games on the television. Martini's is known for, what else, its martinis. The "sunny peach" martini and featured in GQ magazine. TVs in the bar and the front part of the restaurant.
- Want a slice of pizza with your football? and in Millburn both have televisions and are sure to show the big game on Sunday. in Millburn, which features other kids favorites like hot dogs and hamburgers, will also be showing the game.
- in Millburn features several TVs in a comfortable sports bar, which could be a good choice to watch the game. The bar also features regular specials.
- at 24 1st Street in South Orange promises the best Irish and American food west of Killarney. Grab a Guiness, belly up to the bar and cheer on your team. You also should visit the website just to check up the dancing leprechaun. Seriously.
- The Office Beer Bar and Grill in Summit at 61 Union Place is right by the train station if you're planning on NOT driving home (perhaps a good idea after sampling their 60-plus beers on tap from around the world). Even though the Office is a chain, with seven other locations around the state including Montclair and Westfield, the place has a great homey feel. It's a genuine sports bar AND it has WiFi in case you need to power up the 'puter while you're watching the game.
- at 12-14 W. South Orange Avenue in South Orange promises a view of the game, no matter where you sit, as they have 18 high definition televisions throughout the bar. They are also offering special during the game.
- at 15 South Orange Avenue in South Orange is a family-run restaurant and brewery, offering a unique selection of brews for the game. They have televisions throughout the bar for your viewing pleasure.