Is your old refrigerator just an irritator? Does your smelly couch have too much slouch? Has your dryer gone on fire?
Haul them over to the Maplewood Department of Public Works at 359 Boyden Avenue on Saturday, September 11, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. for the Maplewood Township Residential Bulk Drop Off Program. There is the last bulk drop off of 2010.
But before you go, here are the rules as per the Department of Public Works:
1) This program is intended for the disposal of household bulk refuse including
refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, and furniture.
A. Household bulk refuse is to be dropped off ONLY ON THE DATES
B. Household bulk refuse drop-off is subject to the following conditions:
1. No building material of any type can be dropped off at any time.
Building material is defined as concrete, sheetrock, plaster, dirt, wood,
shingles, roofing material, siding, doors, kitchen cabinets, decking windows,
storm windows, or any related material due to the remodeling or alteration
process. There will be no dropping off at any time of car parts, paint or
paint cans, trees, branches, tree stumps or firewood.
2. NO ELECTRONICS, these items shall be dropped off on specified
3. NO HOUSEHOLD TRASH.
4. NO RUBBISH REMOVAL CONTRACTORS.
5. NO REMOVING OF BULK ITEMS FROM THE SITE
2) Two forms of proof of residency must be provided each time.
3) Failure to follow any of these instructions could jeopardize acceptance of all of your items.
Please remember that this program is for Maplewood residents only. Direct questions to the Department of Public Works.
Finally, more good news: If you can't haul it in, your garbage company will be providing a curbside collection shortly. Below are the dates and zones for both Waste Industries and Waste Management Customers. The zone map is listed on the Township website in the pdf of the Maplewood Leaflet (which is also attached here for your convenience).
Curbside Bulk Pick Up dates for Waste INDUSTRIES customers are:
- October 7—Zones 5, 6, 11
- October 14—Zones 1, 2, 9
- October 21—Zones 7, 8, 12
- November 4—Zones 3, 4, 10
Curbside Bulk Pick Up dates for Waste MANAGEMENT customers are:
- October 20—Zones 11 & 12
- October 27—Zones 9 & 10
- November 3—Zones 7 & 8
- November 10—Zones 5 & 6
- November 17—Zones 3 & 4
- November 24—Zones 1 & 2
Any Zones not completed due to volume will be completed the following day (Thursday).