"The goal is to make it as quiet as possible," Sevrens said.
Watch her demonstrate the correct way to open the bubbly in the video above.
Plus, here are some sparkling wine tips from Amanti Vino for your New Year’s celebrations:
- If you use flutes, you will get 8 pours per bottle. Wine glasses will give you 6 pours per bottle.
- Resist the temptation to use plastic cups, their strong aroma will mask the smell.
- Champagne should be served in glass — and the glass doesn’t have to be a flute.
- If you are making mimosas or a punch, go with prosecco. There’s no need to waste a pricy bottle of champagne when the subtleties will be masked by the juices and mixers.
- While sparkling wines are versatile as noted above, a dry bottle does not pair well with sweets such as cake. “You want your wine to be as sweet, if not sweeter than what you are serving,” Sevrens said.