How to Get a Maplewood Parking or Jitney Permit

2013 permits are available now.


2013 Parking/Jitney/Combo Permits are available now to Maplewood residents only.

Applications can be picked up (and processed) at the Office of the Township Clerk in the Maplewood Municipal Building (Town Hall), 574 Valley Street. Or, click here to download the application.

The application can be processed in any of the following ways:

1. In person at the Office of the Township Clerk, 574 Valley Street from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday, and also the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, except during the summer months, until 7:00 p.m. Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check or money order.

2. By mail to the above address include a copy of your Drivers License and Vehicle Registration if you require a parking permit or combo permit. If you are applying for just a Jitney Pass, proof of residency is needed. 

3. In person at Concierge Company (at the Maplewood Train Station). Or drop off in the Township of Maplewood Lock Box on the wall at the Train Station. Daily pick ups by the Township. 

4. Completed applications may also be dropped in the locked mailbox in the front entrance to Town Hall. Include a copy of your Driver’s License and Vehicle Registration, with check or money order. 
Proof of Residency: 
a. Valid New Jersey Driver’s License OR b. Valid New Jersey Insurance ID card OR c. Homeowner’s Contract (first page) OR d. Tenant’s lease Agreement (first page) OR e. Utility Bill with applicant’s name 

No Commercial Vehicles and out of state plates unless leased vehicle. Cash, check, or money order only. No credit cards. (payable to Township of Maplewood).

The 2013 fees are as follows: 

Commuter Parking: $210.00 
Combo Permit: $225.00 
Jitney Pass: $ 85.00 
(prorated to ½ price on July 1, 2013) 

Jitney Riders – No children allowed without an adult for train boarding only. No school transportation to Maplewood Schools. 

If you have questions, call the Office of the Township Clerk at (973) 762-8120. 

Elisabeth Anderson January 21, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I need information regarding handicapped parking. Also, I live with my Mom and everything, except my driver's license and AAA Membership is in her name, including the vehicle registration. I have an old Pool Membership card.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »