Searching for something to do this weekend? Look no further! Here is a round up of some of the biggest events going on in town.
These are just the tip of the iceberg; for more goings-on, check Maplewood Patch's Events Calendar.
- The fun starts tonight with Rent Party's live concert at the South Orange Elks Lodge. (OK, technically this is not in Maplewood, but we are two towns/one community, after all!) Performers include Tri-State, the Mungers, and Jim Keller -- formerly of the band Tommy Tutone, known for their 80s smash hit "867-5309/Jenny." All proceeds go to benefit local food pantries.
Rent Party, Oct. 12, 8 p.m. to midnight, 220 Prospect St., South Orange Elks Lodge. Suggested donation, $5; for more information visit the Facebook page.
- The Columbia High School Girl's Basketball Team is hosting a Car Wash Fundraiser on Saturday at 9 a.m. at Columbia High School, 17 Parker Ave, Maplewood. Get your car cleaned, buy baked goods or make a donation to support the Cougars.
Columbia High School Girls Basketball Car Wash, Oct. 13, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., CHS.
- Enjoy Springfield Avenue's fourth annual HarvestFest on Saturday on the grounds of the Hilton Branch Library. Music & Entertainment, iPad Giveaway, Classic Car Show, Bounce House, Pony & Hay Rides, Petting Zoo and more. Fun for the whole family! For more HarvestFest information, visit SpringfieldAvenue.com.
HarvestFest, Oct. 13, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m., 1688 Springfield Avenue between Tuscan and Oakland Roads.
- Maplewood Wellness Fair is the culmination of a week of free health and wellness activities throughout town. The event is on Saturday and has two parts: the 3rd Annual Maplewood First Aid Squad 5K, in honor of late Capt. Bruce Mandel; and The Wellness Fair in Memorial Park.
Maplewood First Aid Squad 5K, Oct. 13, 10 a.m.
Wellness Fair, Oct. 13, 12 - 3 p.m., Memorial Park.
- Studio B kicks off its inagural Catalyst Film Series Saturday with PressPausePlay, which looks at how the digital revolution has impacted art and artists. The film is at The Woman's Club at 7:30 p.m.; tickets are $10 and are available at the door. Panel discussion to follow moderated by Julie Burstein.
Catalyst Film Series, Oct. 13, 7:30 p.m., Woman's Club, $10 at door.
- After resting up, you'll be ready for another 5K! The Maplewood Lions Club hosts the 12th Annual Maplewood in Motion 5K Run (and kid's fun run) on Sunday. Proceeds will benefit Rent Party BackPack Pals and the family of Eric Burbank. For registration and more information, visit the Maplewood Lions website.
12th Annual Maplewood in Motion 5K, Oct. 14, 9 a.m.