The is hosting a blood drive on Sunday, Feb. 12, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in order "to offset the seasonal blood shortage."
Who can donate blood?
According to the Red Cross,you must:
- Be healthy*
- Be at least 16 years old. See the Blood Center of New Jersey guidelines here.
- Weigh at least 110 lbs. Additional weight requirements apply for donors 18 years old and younger and all high school donors.
* Note: Healthy means that you feel well and can perform normal activities. If you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, healthy also means that you are being treated and the condition is under control.
Before you head out to donate, remember to:
- Drink plenty of water so you are well-hydrated before donating.
- Bring a donor card, driver's license or two other forms of ID with you to verify your age.
- Have a healthy meal before you donate and try to avoid fatty foods.
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
- If you are taking any medications, bring a list of those with you.
See you on Sunday!