Headed up by world karate champion Durand Howard since 1993, Blue Life Karate Center offers martial arts training for children, teens and adults, and houses a NJ state licensed after school program. Besides ranked instruction, classes include Ninjutsu, cardio kickboxing, Jitsu and a karate team that has picked up state and national championships. It serves over 200 kids and instructors have completed extensive training programs.
The afterschool program, which is open to children aged 6 to 13 years old, gives homework assistance, snacks and scheduled Martial Arts classes. A summer day camp is offered as well.
- Hours: Classes: Mon, Wed,& Fri, 9:30am - 10:30am, Mon - Fri 4:30pm - 8:30pm; Sat, 8am - 1:45pm; Sun, closed. After care program: Mon - Fri, 2:30pm - 6:30pm;
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Corporate, Group/family, Senior, Student
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 40
- Average class size: 15
- Number of instructors: 5
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 3 to 2
- Type: Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Karate, Kendo, Kickboxing, Mixed martial arts, Ninjutsu, Tae Kwon Do
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: No
- Participates in competitions: Yes