Churrasco BBQ & Steakhouse
We suggest you get to Churrasco soon before everybody in town (and beyond) catches on to this enticing Portuguese restaurant that for nearly two years has served an ample array of traditional dishes (with a bit of American, Italian and French too) at reasonable prices.
You may have an extremely difficult time choosing which barbeque (churrasco) to order: beef, chicken, pork or ribs. The grilled seafood choices are equally enticing—try the codfish "lagareiro" or "bras" style. Another favorite is the seafood paelha.
House specials include carne de porco alentejana (pork cubes with clams and potatoes) and picanha a brasileria (top sirloin, Brazilan style), one among many steak choices. For the courageous, there's dobrada a moda do Porto (tripe), roasted goat and suckling pig.
Business owners in the area often stop by to pick up a pork or chicken sandwich for lunch.
This half block of Springfield Avenue is "all in the family." Churrasco is owned by a sister and brother and their spouses, while a nephew owns the Liquor Cabinet two doors down—that's where you can get your Portuguese wine. "The wives take care of business here" and "husbands help out," one family member explains.
The charming, evocative decor (check out the pieces on the wall) transports you to a seaside cafe, especially on Saturday night, when a traditional guitarist provides entertainment. Churrasco is a favorite with Portuguese families in the area. The chef is from the southern part of Portugal.
Churrasco has an outdoor patio and is available for parties. Reservations are suggested for Friday and Saturday nights. Delivery service goes to Maplewood, South Orange, Millburn and Union.
- Hours: Tue - Thu, 11am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - 10pm; Sun, noon- 8pm; Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is accessible.
- Founding Date: Sep 06 2006
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Soups, appetizers, grilled meats and fish, BBQ, daily specials, sandwiches
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: Portuguese barbeque and steak; whole BBQ chicken and pork spare ribs, seafood paelha, homemade sausage and salsa, combo chicken/pork spare ribs, top sirloin
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue, Brazilian, International, Latin American, Mediterranean, Portuguese, Sandwiches, Seafood, Spanish, Steak House
- Signature dishes: Skirt Steak, Stuffed Salmon, Cabrito, Paella, Chicken, Ribs, Filet Mignon.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Churrasco Style Steak
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Domingues
- Number of tables: 17
- Features: BYOB-only, Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Dress code: Casual to nicely dressed