Kumon Math & Reading (Closed)
Founded 50 years ago in Japan, the Kumon method is an after-school math and reading program that uses individualized worksheets rather than a classroom or tutoring model. For 6 years, Christina Ngan has been teaching children ranging from preschoolers (who learn to count and read) through high schoolers (who focus on skills that enhance test-taking).
Enrollees take a placement test and are provided with material that targets their particular weaknesses. The learning system has more than 20 clearly defined skill levels and hundreds of short assignments that facilitate progression in manageable increments. An assignment that takes too long or has too many errors is repeated until mastered, thus ensuring optimal comprehension and retention of key concepts. Parents may enroll their children on a month-by-month basis.
- Hours: Tue, Thu, 3:30pm - 7:30pm; Mon, Wed, Fri - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is ample handicapped parking, and an elevator in the building.
- Number of students: 20
- Financial aid: No
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Certified Kumon instructor
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 1
- Level: Elementary school, High school, Middle school
- Subjects: English, Mathematics
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check