Maplewood Middle School
Maplewood's public middle school has been praised in online reviews for its music program and annual musical. Besides its students' solid scores on state and federal tests, the school also has unique programs such as the HUB, a free after-school program offering mental health counseling, skills-building groups and academic support.
Annually, about a third of the student body is invited to take the SATs early by Johns Hopkins Talent Search. For its efforts to foster community in the student body, the school was awarded a Community of Caring School Grant. In 2009, Maplewood Middle School graduate Jeffrey Truppo became the principal.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:15am - 2:45pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 703
- Male-to-female ratio: 376:327
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14.1:1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 50
- Grade levels: Six through eighth grades
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab
- Student clubs: Sports clubs, study & homework clubs, service clubs, student lounge clubs, walking clubs, dessert clubs, plant & rocket clubs, model-building clubs, nail polishing clubs and more.