Who to Call: The main number for the Department of Recreation and Cultural Affairs is 973-763-4202.
There are six main parks in Maplewood and assorted other recreation facilities (The Civic House, DeHart Community Center, Maplewood Community Pool, the Burgdorff Cultural Arts Center and the 1978 Gallery).
Between town hall and the train station. It has two Playgrounds, two multi-purpose fields, three Tennis Courts and four picnic tables.
By the Hilton branch of the library on Springfield Avenue. It has three baseball/softball diamonds, one playground, four tennis courts, one park building and four picnic tables.
On Orchard Road and Parker Avenue. It has two multipurpose fields, two tennis courts and a playground.
Off of Ridgewood Avenue on DeHart Road. It has a multipurpose field, two tennis courts and a playground.
Off of Burnett Avenue. It has two multipurpose fields, a playground, a tennis court and a street hockey rink.
At the corner of Oakland & Valley Street. It has three tennis courts, two platform tennis courts and a bocci court.
- A non-profit community theater that hosts plays and other cultural events.
- The gallery is staffed by volunteers, and offers exhibitions, classes and events
- Check their Web site for a full schedule of events.
- It’s illegal to ride motorcycles or bicycles on park paths.
- Fireworks and campfires are illegal in parks.
- You can’t hunt or harm squirrels or birds in parks.
- When outdoors, dogs must be kept on leashes seven feet long or less.