- The Essex County Clerk oversees voter registrations, but the Township Clerk’s office has voter registration forms. The Clerk's office is on the first floor of the Municipal Building.
- In order to be eligible to vote, a person must be a U.S. resident, 18 years old by election day and a resident of Essex County for at least 30 days before the election.
- Voter registration forms are available as a downloadable PDF on the county clerk’s Web site.
- Forms are due to the County Clerk’s office 21 days before the next election in order to participate.
- Absentee ballots are available on the County Clerk’s Web site.
- The County Clerk must receive the absentee ballot application via mail seven days before the election.
- After that date, voters can apply for a ballot in person at the County Clerk’s office until 3 p.m. the day before the election.